People and Culture Coordinator - Winter 2024 Co-op
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Supporting the Services and Systems team as well D2L’s People & Culture Business Partners, you will have the opportunity to work cross functionally supporting a variety of People & Culture activities and initiatives. This role will contribute to helping us continue to improve our employee experience at every stage of the employee journey!
We’re looking for someone who has a high level of initiative combined with a strong interest in experiential learning who is excited by the opportunity to on a variety of projects across different areas of our People & Culture team. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging, and fun HR opportunity within an award-winning People & Culture team, this position is for you!
Major Responsibilities - How Will I Make an Impact?
- Partner with and provide support to our People & Culture Business Partners by:
- Conduct research on organizational effectiveness best practices and trends, supporting the creation of tools, reports, and enablement materials for Business Partners and leaders.
- Creation and standardization of templates, communications, presentations, checklists, process documentation and reports
- Assist Business Partner teams with ongoing projects and initiatives
- Coordinate Business Partner sessions and/or events for managers and employees on various topics
- Provide coordination / generalist HR support to the People & Culture team
- Collaborate with centers of excellence support in the execution of People & Culture programs and DEI initiatives
- Help with the planning of People and Culture team events, employee milestone celebrations and team engagement activities
- Services and Systems Support:
- Provide administrative support to the People & Culture team, including coordinating / project managing various PnC initiatives
- Support with HCM data entry, administration, audits, testing, and running ad hoc reports
- Assist with supporting team operational items such as reporting, process, systems and policy reviews and alignment, template updates
- Assist with PnC and IT optimization and efficiency projects and coordination
- Respond to general employee inquiries, employment letters/verifications
- Assist with Compliance related activities and reports
- Assist with the offboarding process, including exit interviews as needed
- Assist with Recognition administration and reporting
- Support our People and Culture team through continuous process improvement initiatives
- Perform other administrative duties relating to People and Culture, as needed
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Ability to lead by example, be boundary-less, and win hearts and minds
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills; strength in organizing and coordinating multiple activities and prioritization of tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Agility- ability to respond comfortably to new or shifting priorities and goals
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to find creative solutions and incorporate them into new practices/process improvements
- High level of initiative with the ability to work both collaborative and independently
- Comfort working with data with strong research and analytical skills
- Strong interest or previous exposure to DEI and learning best practices is an asset
- Currently a candidate for Bachelor's degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field
So, why should you do your co-op at D2L? Our Summer 2022 Campus Ambassador Melissa shares her thoughts here: Watch Melissa's TikTok
Why we're awesome
We offer our Co-ops monthly internet reimbursement, monthly co-op events, and opportunity for remote work! Plus, we're always hiring superstar New Grads, so get a step ahead of the rest by networking within D2L on your work term.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.