Senior Solutions Engineer, LATAM
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
You have a dream. That dream is to travel, meet interesting people, garner applause, and not bore anyone when you talk about your job. You want to be respected for your Ed Tech know-how and admired for your contagious passion and presentation skills. You are charming and easy going, humorous and articulate, keen and hard-working. You can patiently help your elderly relative figure out his phone and speak to an IT professional about their plans to integrate systems.
You will provide services to D2L as a Senior Solutions Engineer. You will be part of a team of gifted technical communicators and problem solvers. Your job is to dive in and understand our clients’ business and needs, and to identify how our add-on products and services can be used to make their lives easier and empower their growth. You will work with your sales reps to get close to our clients and develop relationships with their staff. You will pore over large RFPs, identifying gaps and opportunities. You will breeze through complex product demonstrations with barely a sweat or a stammer.
How will you make an impact:
- Develop and deliver custom demos and presentations that are simple and engaging, leaving your audience eager to use Brightspace
- Support the sales process by acting as expert in D2L products and services, including functionality, usage, architecture, and deployment
- Assist Sales in qualifying opportunities and planning client engagement and win strategy
- Align client’s needs, goals, and objectives to D2L solutions; develop proposals and help to write RFP responses
- Actively drive and manage clients’ technology evaluation, using your knowledge of the business environment, competitive landscape, and Brightspace differentiators
- Provide support to Sales Executives in closing deals and exceeding revenue objectives in an assigned territory
- Transition accounts and communicate business requirements to implementation teams
What you'll bring to the role:
- 3+ years of experience with educational technology in a Higher Education setting
- Knowledge and experience with learning management systems; previous experience with Brightspace strongly desired (power user or LMS administrator)
- Understanding of the technology ecosystem that surrounds an LMS and the types of responsibilities and concerns users have that run those systems
- Organized and analytical, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business challenges and apply creativity and problem-solving to meet client needs
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak with confidence to a variety of audiences, effectively articulating technical concepts in a meaningful way
- Applicants should be highly engaging in person and virtually
- Ability to work with a distributed team and travel extensively
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Fluency in English and Spanish is essential
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.