French Bilingual Instructional Designer
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Throughout the course development process, Instructional Designers (IDs) collaborate with a number of different client stakeholders and D2L team members. On the client side, IDs collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who provide course content and drive client vision. IDs are responsible for leveraging instructional design best practices, learning theory, Brightspace expertise, and custom interactive solutions to guide course design and development in a way that best fits client needs. This requires coaching clients through establishing clear learning objectives; organizing course content; implementing effective evaluation strategies and tools; and integrating interactives and multimedia. Within D2L, IDs work closely with Project Managers, Courseware Developers and Graphic Designers to bring courses to life within Brightspace.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and D2L team members
- Work closely with client subject matter experts to gather learning content and vision
- Leverage instructional design best practices, learning theory, and Brightspace expertise to align course design and development to client needs
- Coach clients through defining learning objectives, organizing course content, implementing effective evaluation strategies and tools, integrating interactivity and media solutions
- Develop content in Brightspace using various tools and methodologies, as required
- Collaborate with courseware developers on content development and LMS tool configurations
- Work closely with D2L project managers, courseware developers, and graphic designers to bring learning content to life in Brightspace
- Monitor progress and communicate roadblocks through regular touchpoints and emails with client and internal Project Managers
- Collaborate with project team to address roadblocks and find efficiencies
- Other items as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Strong written and oral communication
- In-depth knowledge of instructional design principles and practices including the ADDIE model, adult learning principles, interactive learning design, and blended learning techniques
- Ability to monitor progress and take initiative to address roadblocks alongside project managers.
- Full Proficiency in French (ability to read, write, and speak)
- Completing needs analyses for clients
- Customer service skills/people skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to collect, review, revise course content to support learning objectives and client vision
- Ability to work with learning management systems, specifically Brightspace
- Ability to storyboard and script to support multimedia creation
- Ability to analyze, consult, and organize
- ADDIE course development
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Some experience in education, training and/or developing learning solutions.
- In depth knowledge of instructional design principles and practices including the ADDIE model, adult learning principles, interactive learning design, and blended learning techniques
- Experience with collaborating with clients, subject matter experts, faculty and other stakeholders
- Experience applying pedagogical theory and instructional design principles to strategy, planning, development, and design
- Experience leveraging different tools and functionality of Brightspace (or other LMSs) to integrate interactivity, multimedia, LMS tools, and features.
- Experience adapting training materials and course content to suit different methods of learning delivery (instructor-led, self-paced, synchronous, asynchronous, blended, etc.).
- Experience adapting training materials and course content based on different business segments (K12, higher ed, and corporate)
- Experience triaging and prioritizing client requests and suggesting innovative solutions that fit within project scope
- Degree in Education, Adult Education or Instructional Design
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.