D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
As a Pricing Analyst the main responsibility is to develop and review strategic pricing proposals by assisting in real-time deal support and analysis. This role will work closely with the sales & marketing operations team and the legal operations team to support D2L’s global sales organization in achieving sales targets with balanced consideration of financial outcomes. This position requires the ability to work independently while prioritizing competing requests and to manage ambiguity with an analytical and solution-oriented mindset. Working alongside an experienced team of professionals, this role is vital to the ongoing operations at D2L and to the successful execution of pricing strategies.
Major Responsibilities (How Will You Make an Impact?):
- Develop and review strategic pricing proposals to clients, assisting in real-time deal support and analysis via Salesforce.
- Negotiate with and recommend to the sales team creative pricing and contracting solutions that balance the desire to secure new business with the desire to uphold appropriate levels of business risk for D2L.
- Effectively manage competing priorities to address cross-functional inquiries in a timely manner, providing a positive customer experience.
- Work closely with the Go-to-Market team and legal operations to ensure pricing in customer contracts complies with company policies.
- Review and interpret contracts in conjunction with the legal operations and sales teams.
- Assist in the pricing preparation of all contracts, amendments, and renewals including drafting finance-specific contract terms.
- Identify, recommend a solution for, and escalate to leadership complex pricing and contracting challenges as appropriate.
- Work closely with sales enablement and sales operations to ensure the sales organization is enabled on pricing strategies and quoting and pricing best practices.
- Support the review of competitive intelligence and market analysis to shape and develop pricing strategies.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of processes to monitor and report on pricing strategies, KPIs and results across various market segments.
- Consider the broader impact of decisions on the D2L organization, including the impacts of contractual non-standard pricing or special term concessions on the full Quote-to-Cash process.
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects as required.
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- You are eager to further develop your analytical skills in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- You are organized with a strong attention to detail and can effectively prioritize competing requests.
- You are a proactive self-starter who takes initiative and works well both independently and on a team.
- You are a relationship builder, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You recommend solutions to cross-functional problems with consideration to the broader impact of decisions and actions.
- Strong Excel skills, proven ability to organize and analyze large sets of data into insights
- Exceptional business analysis, data management, and analytic skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Pricing in a SAAS environment
- University degree or equivalent in business and/or commerce
- Experience working within Salesforce and CPQ or other CRM’s is an asset.
- Some experience in a finance, sales operations or compensation role
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.