Total Rewards Partner
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
As a D2L Total Rewards Specialist you will be assisting in guiding D2L’s culture and working closely with the Senior Global Benefits and Wellness Manager and Compensation Partner by assisting in the Benefits and Compensation programs to improve employee experience.
You will assist in providing advice and support to all employees on Benefits, Health and Wellness and Retirement/Pension Plans and in addition, assist and maintain various compensation-related data management systems, coordinate and facilitate compensation programs and initiatives.
The Total Rewards Specialist is an integral member of the People and Culture (PnC) team and a key part of our employee attraction and retention strategy globally
If you’re looking for a dynamic, challenging and fun opportunity to be a part of the People and Culture team in a growing organization, this position is for you!
How Will I Make an Impact?
This role will be supporting 60% Benefits and Wellness, and 40% Compensation.
- Day-to-day administration of various benefit plans (health, retirement, disability, and others) including:
- Support process enrolments, changes, and terminations
- monitor employee feedback and address benefit-related queries
- process benefit deductions and monitor taxation impacts
- process submission of data and contributions to third-party providers
- Support the leave intake process for leave requests globally including parental, personal, disability, unpaid leaves and others
- Ensure the completion of year-end audits and compliance requirements of the various benefit programs (401k audit, ACA Reporting, US workers comp audit and others)
- Review the monthly benefit invoices and reconcile for accuracy and ensure timely submission of invoices to Finance
- Support the process of salary updates as required for Canada and U.S.
- Manage the People & Culture team’s Lego program
- Primary back up for Global Benefits & Wellness Manager, including supporting benefit renewals, succession planning
- Drive and lead company-wide wellness communications, promote wellness themes and initiatives, participate as a lead for the Wellness Committee
- Manage the Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Assists with and manages employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
- Assists with Pension Plan administration
- Using best practices and trends to guide program enhancement opportunities
- Assists with compensation review ensuring appropriate consultation, documentation, analysis, costing, and approvals are completed
- Assist with the job evaluation process, including conducting job audits and reviewing the job worth hierarchy, ensuring pay equity compliance.
- Partners with operational management teams and PnC colleagues to oversee and consistently manage the job description and job evaluation systems in partnership with key stakeholders, ensuring appropriate documentation is in place
- Assists with merit letters/ VIP process, including tracking, communicating updates, mail merges and validation
- Participates in compensation surveys, bench marking and help analyze for internal equity, market competitiveness and ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Assists with the annual compensation and salary merit review process.
- Documents and maintains compensation, job evaluation policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices in a clear and concise format.
- Prepares, analyzes compensation reports, metrics, and data to provide comprehensive insights to support decision total rewards related decision making
- Other duties as required
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Ability to Lead by Example, work Better, Smarter, Faster, and Win Hearts and Minds
- 2+ years of related experience of Canadian/US benefits and compensation
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); particular facility/ease with excel (v-lookups, pivots, if/then statements)
- Ability to analyze, interpret and share data
- Working knowledge with HRIS Systems (preferably Workday)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; strength in organizing and coordinating multiple activities and prioritization of tasks
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to find creative solutions and incorporate them into new practices/process improvements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to respond confidently to new or shifting priorities and goals
- Autonomous worker with collaborative mindset
- Knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to employee information/records administration and handling of confidential or sensitive information
- CEBS certification is an asset
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.