Sr. Competitive Intelligence Analyst
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for tracking competitors across the Education learning market to help inform our product, marketing, and sales strategies. As the expert on competitors in the market, you will help our product organization make more informed decisions, improve RFP responses for Sales, and help shape our go-to-market strategy. Reporting to the Senior Director, Product Strategy, you'll have a prominent role in driving strategy and direction, including recommendations for partnerships or acquisitions.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
What will you do day-to-day? Everything from participate in industry analyst briefings, support strategic sales conversations, create competitive debriefs on specific companies in the market, summarize market news and events, attend conferences to collect market intelligence, collaborate with product managers on design and GTM tasks ... all activities to build and share your competitive expertise and insights. You will maintain a corporate resource/repository for internal reference and ongoing enablement at scale.
Specifically, You'll Engage In Activities Such As
- Manage the creation and implementation of competitive intelligence repository supporting executive decision-making, the identification of emerging opportunities and threats, and monitoring competitors.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information about the Higher Ed, K12 and Corporate markets, focusing on both existing and emerging competitive landscapes.
- Develop and share concise, audience-appropriate, actionable communications characterized by their strategic insight.
- Develop up-to-date tools and trainings (such as battle cards, product analyses, competitive responses, workshops internal and external presentations, etc.) with a view toward improving sales effectiveness.
- Brief product teams on competitor technologies during product design phases, and update marketing teams about competitive messaging and positioning issues.
- Help foster and drive internal competitive information sharing.
- Routinely interface with RFP response, sales enablement, product, and marketing teams and other stakeholders by sourcing and analyzing competitive data in scheduled and ad-hoc meetings to make fact-based recommendations to optimize our go-to-market strategy.
- Present analysis and recommendations to senior and executive leadership.
- Challenge assumptions or the status quo and how things have been done to bring new ideas or innovations to bear on existing efforts.
- Verify accuracy and reliability of data and recommend corrections or adjustments in the collection, assessment, and dissemination of intelligence.
- Implement efficient processes to capture and analyze market intelligence data while acting with a sense of urgency to deliver critical reports and analyses proactively.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Deep knowledge of the competition and strong experience in market analysis
- Ability to spot trends and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Passion for communicating within all levels of an organization, from senior leadership and across our teams.
- Curiosity, pattern-recognition, creativity, and drive
- Knack for telling the story of the learning market, the competitive landscape, and our position in the market.
- Skills at creating impactful data visualizations, slides, and documents for a variety of audiences
- At least 5 years experience in Edtech, and 2 years experience in competitive intelligence
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio.
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of.
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.