Senior Sales Executive, Corporate
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Sales Executive, Corporate will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for an assigned territory by promoting and selling the D2L product suite through professional sales techniques. This role needs to be highly knowledgeable with the ability to sell high-value complex software solutions to the corporate vertical. You will spend the majority of the role in field developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Exceed revenue objectives within your assigned territory
- Make prospecting an integral part of your regular routine ensuring new prospects are being added to the sales funnel on an ongoing basis
- Manage a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 6 month to 12 month purchasing cycle
- Move the sale through the entire sales process actively engaging other D2L resources as necessary to ensure success
- Take an active role in the RFP process
- Continually learn about new products and improve selling skills
- Attend training events throughout the year and participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate
- Be well informed about current industry trends and speak intelligently about the corporate vertical in the assigned area/region
- Understand all D2L Partner relationships and how they relate to D2L sales
- Effectively using the sales CRM tool to enter all sales information into this system
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
- Prepare written presentations, reports and price quotations
- Assist in contract negotiations
- Build and manage a quantifiable 12-month sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently deploy D2L resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process
- Develop positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Professional Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments as needed
- Travel up to 25% of the time
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Experience in the eLearning, and/or complex solution software sales industries
- Must have strong understanding of enterprise software sales cycles and dealing with top decision makers
- Knowledge of corporate eLearning/education technology industry an asset
- Track record of successful achievement of assigned quotas
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Working knowledge of web and database technology
- Must be able to travel 25%+
- Bachelor's degree recommended (technical, business or education-related is ideal)
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.