Customer Success Manager-USA Remote
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
As Customer Success Manager, you will be the primary owner of the business relationship with our North American Higher Education customers and drive their success as defined by them. You will establish productive and trusted relationships with Higher Education institutions and ensure customer satisfaction and retention by driving customer adoption, stakeholder value and advocate the full use of D2L's Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS).
How Will I Make an Impact?
- Manage key strategic D2L customers, with a focus on developing strong, referenceable relationships
- Develop and manage a Customer Success Plan with the customer that articulates customer success goals, customer success measurement criteria, obstacles and risks
- Develop and manage a Customer Retention Plan that articulates the drivers of customer and product retention and associated risks
- Assist customer with key internal projects driving the value of Brightspace in their environment
- Ensure cross team customer collaboration
- Report against customer success criteria and manage initiatives to meet them
- Oversee execution of remediation items for the Customer Success Plan and Customer Retention Plan, and communicate the progress internally and externally
- Drive product adoption by setting adoption and usage targets with the customer that support their customer success goals
- Supports Client Sales Executive during renewal process
- Develop and manage an engagement model with the customer that expands and manages all key relationships within the customer and D2L
- Coordinate and conduct regularly scheduled business reviews with the customer leadership and administration teams
- Serve as key stakeholder during Implementation phase and facilitate transition out of implementation to support
- Develop a consultative relationship with each customer and work in conjunction with other D2L teams and SMEs to provide solution planning and execution
- Educate clients on support channels, self-service tools, release processes, and other resources to drive operational self-sufficiency
What you’ll bring to the role?
- 3+ years experience in Customer Success, Account Management or related roles
- Ability to build strong relationships and quickly establish credibility and rapport with senior level and C-suite executives
- Experience establishing joint strategic goals with customers and measuring progress and outcomes
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across multiple internal and external teams
- High energy level, demonstrated drive to succeed, and a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience within a fast paced, growth organization is ideal
- Experience working in education technology or knowledge of business drivers for Higher Education is plus
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time to customer locations
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?