People and Culture Coordinator (Learning & Talent) -12 Month Contract
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The People & Culture Coordinator (Learning & Talent) will have the opportunity to work cross functionally supporting a variety of People & Culture activities and initiatives across the team. The coordinator will proactively contribute to helping us continue to improve our employee experience at every stage of the employee journey from onboarding through to offboarding! You are someone who enjoys putting things in order, loves processes and finding more efficient ways to work, who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take on new tasks and run with them, strives to deliver awesome outcomes no matter how small or big the ask, who can juggle competing priorities without breaking too much of a sweat, and who has an eye for detail.
In particular, you will play a key role in the coordination of activities to support the onboarding of new D2Lers, acting as a key point of contact for new employees and ensuring a positive new hire experience. The role also supports a number of employee learning and development programs as well as, leading and contributing to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives. This position also supports other People & Culture operational and administrative processes such as data input, analysis and reporting, responding to employee inquires and
You are someone who enjoys putting things in order, loves processes and finding more efficient ways to work, who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take on new tasks and run with them, strives to deliver awesome outcomes no matter how small or big the ask, who can juggle competing priorities without breaking too much of a sweat, and who has an eye for detail.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging and fun People & Culture opportunity, this position is for you!
How Will I Make an Impact?
- Partnering with our Learning & Development and Talent Management team on learning, talent development and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives including but not limited to:
- Facilitation of biweekly onboarding sessions for new hires
- Coordinate and track employee onboarding activities/enrollments/completion of courses
- Respond to new hire onboarding course access questions and general inquiries
- Provide coordination and scheduling support for D2L learning programs
- Assist with initiatives aimed to support employee career growth, development, and internal mobility examples include:
- Approve learning program requests and follow up on outstanding approval requests
- Assist in creating employee mobility spotlights, regular program spotlights, Catch the Wave employee testimonials
- Ownership and administration of learning calendar
- Scheduling and coordination of learning programs and activities
- Administration of quarterly 360 assessment process
- Providing coordination for diversity, equity and inclusion focused learning sessions and events
- Maintain ownership of D2L Inclusion Calendar
- Provide support to D2L Employee Resource Groups
- Support the creation of talent, DEI or learning related toolkits, communications, newsletters and other enablement resources for employees and people leaders
- Research best practices and trends on learning, talent strategy and DEI related topics
- Completing exit interviews for departing employees, summarizing and sharing and recommendations and feedback
- Assist with the creation of process documentation, templates, checklists and standard operating procedures for various processes, recommending process efficiencies where possible to drive continuous improvement
- Assisting with learning and talent related data analysis and reporting
- Provide back up support for our People and Culture Systems and Services team, assisting with various administration duties, projects, or initiatives
- Act as a backup for processing employee resignations
- Assist with HRIS maintenance, running ad hoc reports, updating employee information/records, and updating files, and other duties as required
- Administer HR-related documentation; including drafting employee letters/verifications/employee changes, filing, and other general office admin activities
- Respond to general employee inquiries through our AskPnC email accounts
- Contributing to team projects and other duties as required
What you’ll bring to the role?
- Operationally focused with strong problem-solving skills and the with the ability to find creative solutions and incorporate them into new practices/process improvements
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; strength in organizing and coordinating multiple activities and prioritization of tasks
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data reporting
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with DEI, learning and development or related program coordination preferred
- Understanding of DEI best practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Agility - ability to respond comfortably to new or shifting priorities and goals
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership for deliverables
- Knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to employee information/records administration and handling of confidential or sensitive information
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?