Learning Administration Manager, USA
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Work as a Named Resource for a group of Strategic D2L customers in administering their Brightspace Learning Environment
- Complete D2L training to become fully Brightspace Certified
- Maintain, expand and research knowledge of the Brightspace Learning Environment, as well as other products offered by D2L
- Leverage customer relationships to create and enhance internal processes which encourage better knowledge of and attention to customer needs
- Own outcomes vs tasks
- Focus relentlessly on exceptional stakeholders’ experience
- Make clear decisions in a timely manner
- Challenge the status quo – make enhancement/improvements suggestions
- Identify conflicting priorities and take ownership for resolving them
- Treat people with respect and courtesy
- Invest time and resources to grow and develop
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a supporting and/or administering the Brightspace Learning Environment
- Full understanding and knowledge of the specific tasks that are required in administration of a Learning Management System (LMS) including, but not limited to the following:
- Management of users and groups including learners, instructors, ASCs, etc.
- Enrolment of users into appropriate courses.
- Configuration of permissions and settings
- Bulk course copying and editing
- Product Consultation
- Provide client with feedback on effective practices for implementation of tools
- Document and report all changes for auditing.
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of all D2L Solutions
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Strong project organizational and time management skills
- Strong relationship building skills and conflict negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong ability to document all tasks that would be required for auditing purposes
- Self-starter, capable working independently and remotely when needed
- Ability to think critically; to identify problems and to generate, evaluate and implement solutions in real-time
If you are looking for a role in Canada, please check out our Canada based posting here :https://www.d2l.com/careers/jobs/learning-administration-manager-canada-/3997465/
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.