Senior Full Stack Developer
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
How will I make an Impact?
At D2L, we are looking for developers who will help us advance our goal of using technology to transform teaching and learning around the world. We need software developers to work on a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to: distributed systems, user interfaces, mobile and cloud computing. As a developer, you will help make dreams a reality.
We are looking for software developers who have a passion for technology and code. Beyond code, developers are expected to collaborate closely with others including technical product managers, designers and QA. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we are building the right things.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Leads the architectural design, development, and delivery of projects
- Provides estimates and supporting evidence for scope of new projects & systems
- Ensures code quality by promoting best practices and standards
- Solves complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Collaborates with UX/UI designers, front-end developers, and project managers
- Integrates data storage solutions
- Expert with user authentication between the LMS and microservices (oauth, LTI)
- Partners with the greater software development team to stay fluent with trends and technology
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- experience designing, building, deploying, and debugging production systems at scale
- experience with AWS, specifically building microservices
- experience designing, building, and testing RESTful APIs
- experience working with various database technologies such as Mongo or Dynamo (NoSQL)
- experience with Serverless
- experience using software development tools and methods (source control, unit testing, bug tracking, continuous integration, etc.)
- familiar with DevOps principles and best practices
- familiar with authentication best practices (oauth, LTI, etc)
- Completed degree in related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years developing web-based applications
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?