Senior Staff Data Platform Engineer
Crunchbase helps over 75 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. Powered by best-in-class proprietary data, Crunchbase is democratizing access to opportunities so salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We’re proud to build intelligent products that shape how companies and people connect and enable them to communicate in a more meaningful way.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in residents of these states:
California, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington
Our inclusive remote-first culture, generous PTO policies, competitive pay, and employee wellness benefits set us apart!
Engineering at Crunchbase
The Crunchbase engineering team is a dynamic, fast paced team that is committed to quickly delivering features, evaluating their performance, and iterating towards the product vision shared by the company.
We are organized in vertical teams that include cross-functional engineers as well as functional guilds aimed at working tightly with the product team to deliver high standards code while iterating quickly on features. We value open and honest communication, and strive to create an environment where opinions and views can be shared and considered in an effort to reach the best decision.
Our data organization is a dynamic and evolving force, currently comprising four teams with plans to expand by two more teams this year. The structure of each team is meticulously designed to empower them to seamlessly deliver end-to-end features into production. These interdisciplinary teams consist of data engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers (MLEs), and front-end developers where necessary. The versatility of our teams allows for adaptability in mission, enabling them to align closely with company strategy and execute on the ever-evolving roadmap and strategic focus.
What You’ll Do:
- As a vital member of Crunchbase’s technical leadership, you will not only be part of shaping but actively lead and direct the future of the data organization, influencing key technological decisions to align with and support our evolving business needs. Your role will involve architecting and constructing robust systems dedicated to meeting the diverse data requirements at Crunchbase. This includes providing crucial support to our products and internal stakeholders, such as data scientists and analytics teams. Collaboration will be a cornerstone of your responsibilities as you work closely with other engineers and product stakeholders to define and execute our comprehensive data roadmap. Your leadership will extend to ensuring the currency and relevance of our tools and technologies, actively guiding the Data Engineering Guild to adopt and uphold standards that contribute to the continual advancement of our data capabilities.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have 6+ years of industry experience, including 2+ years of technical leadership experience.
- You have a solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
- You are a Python expert.
- You are proficient with SQL
- You may have experience with Kubernetes Kafka, data warehouse, or Airflow. If not, you are enthusiastic about learning.
- You have experience in building data pipelines, or supporting machine learning algorithms in production.
- You keep up to date with current trends and technologies. You are interested in the state of the art development in data engineering and machine learning ops.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You care about agile software, cross teams collaborations and data driven development and evaluation
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 14 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission