Senior Data Platform Engineer
Crunchbase helps over 75 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. Powered by best-in-class proprietary data, Crunchbase is democratizing access to opportunities so salespeople, entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We’re proud to build intelligent products that shape how companies and people connect and enable them to communicate in a more meaningful way.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in residents of these states:
California, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington
Our inclusive remote-first culture, generous PTO policies, competitive pay, and employee wellness benefits set us apart!
Engineering at Crunchbase
We’re working to build an unparalleled innovative company data graph, and are continually improving that scalable, flexible platform and rich client application to connect the world's companies and entrepreneurs. Our mission is to turn data into knowledge and make it accessible for everyone to explore and search.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop innovative services, features, and schema enhancements to elevate the accessibility, efficiency, consistency, and quality of data for both internal use and our customers.
- Craft, deploy, oversee, and refine data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) pipelines that are the engines behind our product and analytical capabilities.
- Act as a catalyst for scaling and enhancing our data operations to keep pace with Crunchbase's growth.
- Foster a data-centric culture by equipping engineers and the Product team with the tools to interrogate our datasets effortlessly and reliably.
- Empower data scientists to deploy NLP (Natural Language Processing) and ML (Machine Learning) algorithms at scale within systems that prioritize fault tolerance and high availability.
What We’re Looking For:
- A solid grasp of computer science and software engineering principles is evident in your background.
- Proficiency in Python programming is essential.
- Exposure to technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, data warehousing solutions, or Airflow is highly beneficial.
- Prior experience in constructing data pipelines or operationalizing machine learning algorithms is advantageous.
- A dedication to engineering excellence, maintenance best practices, and the creation of outstanding software.
- You are articulate, with exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for agile methodologies, cross-functional team collaborations, and a data-informed approach to development and decision-making.
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 14 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission