Technical Account Manager
About the opportunity
In today’s digital-first world, content is the customer experience. As individuals or businesses, people interact through content, differentiate using content, and achieve their goals with content. Content is what powers every single experience throughout our day.
The Customer Experience team is building a team focused on empowering its customers and we see the role of the Technical Account Manager as a great way to enhance a customer's Contentful journey by providing a personalized technical advocacy experience from an experienced solution advisor. This is particularly beneficial for customers who require a more proactive approach and greater oversight in realizing their content platform journey. Someone who gets to know them knows their business and acts as their advocate.
Contentful is a customer-centric platform company that’s passionate and opinionated about content management and delivery within digital teams and leveraging the value of content throughout the digital organization. To help us nurture our Customer Experience and Support practice and bring even more creative, strategic, and organizational talent into the team, we’re seeking an experienced Technical Account Manager.
In this position, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Support & Technical Account Management and will be responsible for owning the relationship with one or more of our most strategic accounts and bring an energetic approach with a laser-focused mix of technical expertise, project management, customer relationship management and problem-solving skills.
What to expect?
- Lead from the front by promoting technological advancements understanding the impact on business strategies and transforming this into client growth
- Partner with internal teams like Customer Experience, Product Management, Research and Engineering teams to build the right strategies to deliver customer value
- Bring a structured customer-centric thought approach and proven ideation and iteration process to Contentful that is based on TAM best practices as well as experience
- Make recommendations about how to best leverage design knowledge and expertise within the internal teams and, more broadly, your Customer base.
- Be responsible for multiple work streams and strategically leverage resources to achieve goals
- Build, maintain and foster key client relationships and always ensure both parties are aligned in terms of goals and ambitions
- Communicate openly and frequently to teammates, internal stakeholders and leaders about risks and opportunities within your Customer base as well as opportunities for Contentful to enhance its portfolio to Customers further.
- Buildup and develop a considerate, customer-focused Technical Account Management methodology that evolves through iterative processes and customer feedback.
- Contribute to our overarching desire to see our customers succeed through growth and adoption endeavors and lead at least 2 initiatives in this area eg: adoption mapping, OKRs, maturity models, playbooks, training etc
- Mentor, guide, and nurture some of our finest talent on what it takes to really be the advocate in the field for our customers. This will see you partner with the likes of our talented, passionate Support Engineers and expand their toolbox.
What you need to be successful?
- Great rapport-building skills e.g., Being Empathetic and an active Listener, are key for this role
- Ability to simplify complex problems and find solutions collaboratively
- Proven track record of developing relationships with internal teams and external clients alike
- In-house Saas cross-functional team experience and proven collaborative success
- Confident in speaking to C-level executives and be able to influence key stakeholders
- Experience working concurrently with Success, Sales and other departments
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of information into consumable frameworks and concepts to facilitate key decision-making and set the future direction
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals, deadlines and key milestones.
- Experience in a similar technical consulting, Solution Engineer, Solution Architect or Implementation Manager role at a SaaS company.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and confidence in conveying knowledge to a technical audience.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
This role will need to be conducted in a state in which we are currently registered to do business.
Who are we?
Contentful is the intelligent composable content platform that unlocks all of an organization’s digital content to deliver impactful customer experiences, making content a strategic business asset. The Contentful Platform, Contentful Studio, and the Contentful Ecosystem combine the flexibility of composable content with the intelligence of AI, empowering digital teams to drive business momentum through collaboration, speed, and scale. Contentful powers innovative content experiences across brands, regions, and channels for organizations around the world, including nearly 30% of the Fortune 500. Nearly 800 people from more than 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.