Senior Platform Engineer (f/m/d)
About the Opportunity
Contentful is experiencing rapid growth, and we're on the lookout for a driven Platform Engineer to join our Core Data Platform Team. In this pivotal role, you'll be at the heart of our data operations, collaborating with developers and internal stakeholders to create cutting-edge tools for data customers while maintaining a highly adaptable platform.
What to expect?
- Challenging Projects -You'll tackle complex data-related projects that are essential to Contentful's operations.
- Collaboration - Close collaboration with developers and stakeholders to design and implement data services and to achieve shared goals.
- Flexibility - Adapting to changing business needs and emerging tech to maintain a robust platform.
- Technical Growth - Opportunities to work with various technologies, databases, and cloud services, fostering technical skill development.
- Problem-Solving - Daily challenges related to data management, performance optimization, and security.
- Responsibility - Substantial impact on the stability and performance of Contentful's Data Platform.
- Continuous Learning - Staying updated with emerging technologies and industry trends is encouraged for your professional growth.
- Collaboration - You'll work closely with a collaborative team of developers and stakeholders to achieve shared goals.
- Knowledge Exchange - We value knowledge sharing and a diversity of perspectives, fostering an environment of continuous learning.
- Supportive Culture - Contentful cultivates a supportive culture where team members help each other succeed and innovate through collaboration.
Your role as a Senior Platform Engineer at Contentful promises dynamic challenges, collaboration, personal growth, and a supportive team environment. Join us for an exciting journey!
What you need to be successful
- You have 5+ years of Platform Engineering experience
- You have proficiency in cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- You have knowledge of Kubernetes & Docker & Helm
- You are comfortable operating with Terraform
- You possess coding skills in Python, (Golang & TypeScript are a plus)
- You are experienced with Git
- You are proficient in CI/CD tools, with a focus on CircleCI
- You have experience with streaming services
- Desirable skills: You are familiar with Apache Airflow and AWS Redshift
You possess strong skills in communication, problem-solving, collaboration, diversity appreciation, and full professional English proficiency, enabling effective and inclusive interactions in diverse contexts.
If you believe we're a good fit but don't meet all the points, please reach out to us. We value diverse perspectives and welcome your unique skills and experiences. Let's explore the possibilities together.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.