Senior Solution Engineer
About the opportunity
Contentful is on a mission to help our customers be successful in their digital transformation using composable content. As a Senior Solution Engineer you would get to play a critical role in helping our customers realize how Contentful can help them with their efforts, no matter their existing digital maturity.
Similar to how our customers have varying levels of digital maturity, our Sr Solution Engineers come from a whole host of backgrounds. We value Solution Engineering experience and our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, front-end and back-end development experience, professional services, sales and marketing backgrounds. We rely heavily on our core values to identify the right talent at Contentful as the role of a Sr. Solution Engineer is dynamic and multidimensional.
Imagine yourself as a co-pilot on sales opportunities. You would work with your Account Executives in lock-step through key phases of the sales cycle including technical discovery, product presentations, collaborative solution design sessions, proof of concepts and more.
This is a dynamic role and would allow you to be part of a high growth company where you can make an impact on sales results, help drive and influence the direction of the Solution Engineering function, work within a truly positive culture and continue to grow and expand your career.
What to expect?
- Dive into an immersive onboarding experience that will help you learn the Contentful product, APIs, SDKs, CLI, our partner ecosystem and more.
- Become proficient in the Contentful Demo presentation framework.
- Learn the Content Management competitive landscape and complimentary stack solutions.
- Create deep relationships within your Pod and beyond.
- Make an impact on sales revenue by Co-piloting sales opportunities along with your Account Executives.
- Seek to understand customer’s short term and long term digital objectives, their current and future technology stack and current challenges reaching their goals leveraging their existing technology stack.
- Validate and illustrate how Contentful can help the customer with their digital transformation efforts through customized value based product demonstrations and proof of concepts.
- Assist with the completion of RFIs, RFPs, and Security questionnaires and liaison with other departments to drive finalization.
- In the customers words, relay product feedback to Product Management, Marketing and Sales.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
- Understand prospects' project requirements, help prospects validate these requirements against our platform, identify and mitigate technical and business risks
- Be a thought leader in Solution Engineering and provide mentorship to other Solution Engineers newer in their careers
- Travel onsite with customers when necessary.
- Work on exciting internal projects that impact how the Solution Engineering team works and grows.
- Expect strong leadership and a safe environment to be you and grow your career.
What you need to be successful?
- The desire to work in a fast paced environment
- 3-5 years Solution Engineering experience selling SaaS or related industry experience.
- Strong presentation skills that demonstrate the ability to convey technical and business knowledge to our varying personas that are both technical and non-technical.
- Understanding of REST/GraphQL API’s and a micro-service architecture.
- Experience working with a Content Management Platform or similar technology (MarTech).
- Prior use of solution selling methodologies and/or value based selling techniques.
- Experience with omnichannel digital delivery concepts (iOS, Android, AR/VR, etc).
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $210,000 - $220,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s equity plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Something looks off?