Claims Representative - Auto Physical Damage
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Claims Representative?
Claims Representatives have the important and unique role of helping Clearcover customers during one of the moments that matters most: When they must file an insurance claim. Our Claims Representatives are empathetic, patient people who love connecting with and helping customers. Clearcover Claims Representatives remain calm under pressure, thrive on the challenge of turning frowns upside-down, and have a passion for creating lifelong customer relationships. Going above and beyond for a customer is our standard mode of operation, which has empowered Clearcover to drive customer satisfaction that far exceeds the P&C insurance industry standard.
For this role, we're looking for someone who is excited to join a fast-paced, startup culture.
What will you do?
- Guide our customers through the claims process
- Confirm coverage, determine liability, evaluates damage, and negotiates settlement of auto physical damage claims
- Address customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, and follow up to ensure the resolution of claims issues
- Fanatically monitor and manage incoming and outgoing customer interactions via email, chat, text, and phone
- Contribute to process and product information in the team's Knowledge Base
- Identify and assess customers’ needs through relatively unstructured interaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
What do you need?
- Adjuster or P&C insurance license required
- 3-5 years of automobile claims experience required
- Demonstrated customer support/success experience or experience as a client service representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient to negativity
- Demonstrated ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business
- College degree preferred
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, chat, or social media
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office. Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.