Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is an FP&A Manager?
Our team is looking for an exceptional FP&A Manager for our dynamic & fast-paced environment. The FP&A Manager leads financial planning and forecasting for the organization, providing timely, accurate, and relevant information to senior management and investors. The ideal candidate will not only provide transparency into financial metrics but also be able to leverage that financial information to drive organizational behavior through the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function. The FP&A Manager will be responsible for thorough variance analysis, ongoing financial reporting, and Board material preparation as well as operating budgets and quarterly forecasts. The FP&A Manager will also be responsible for supporting financial analysis needs of various departments and initiatives within the company. The FP&A Manager will partner with key business leaders and will work across the organization to support departments. This position will currently report directly to the CFO or VP Finance.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support the Finance team in the development of departmental budgeting and forecasting
- Assist in the execution of annual budget planning cycle and budget maintenance throughout the year
- Build and oversee monthly financial operating model
- Participate in the development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support departmental and business development initiatives
- Participate in corporate development activities including capital raising and M&A
- Manage and train a team of Financial Analysts
The Experience You’ll Need (Required)
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field is preferred
- 4+ years of experience working in investment banking or corporate FP&A
- 5-7 years of experience working in a finance-related position
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to develop new methods and processes
- Expert Excel skills are an absolute must-have
- Professional-level understanding of GAAP
- Must be self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with people across all areas of the organization
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. We offer comprehensive benefits for individuals and families:
- Medical. We offer rich and affordable BCBS plans for you and your dependents. If you select the high deductible health plan, we offer an HRA and contribute to your HSA.
- Dental and vision. We cover 100% of dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax benefits, disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k). We contribute 3%, even if you contribute nothing.
We’ve also curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. Our people have access to:
- Generous vacation, 12 paid holidays, and parental leave.
- Equity in the company (plus an evergreen plan) and an annual bonus program.
- Employee resource groups and mental health workshops.
- Top of the line hardware and meeting free “Focus Fridays”.
We’re a remote first company, having paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. If you are local or in town visiting, you also have the choice to work from our Chicago HQ office.
- Remote employees are eligible to work from: AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
Because we are a remote first company, we ask that your internet can keep up with our pace.
To top it all off, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
Something looks off?