Associate Security Analyst
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Alida believes in a world where customers are respected as the ultimate source of truth. Because knowing the whole truth about your customers—even the parts that are hard to hear—can help companies make better decisions that drive long-term customer loyalty and growth.
That’s why Alida created its Total Experience Management Platform; a comprehensive CX solution powered by a highly-engaged, verified, always-on community of your most engaged customers that fuels sustainable business impact.
With Alida, innovative companies like HBOMax, Adobe, Lululemon and LinkedIn can anticipate their customers' ever-evolving needs to make better decisions, build long-term relationships, and grow businesses that stand the test of time.
Over 176 million people globally have used Alida's Total Experience platform to inform over 60,000 customer experiences initiatives.
Join us on our mission to put truth into action at www.alida.com and @alidaTXM.
This is an exciting role based in our Vancouver office and will be reporting directly to our Sr. Manager, Security.
Other interesting things to know!
This is a rare opportunity to join a small and dynamic team with exposure to all areas of security related to SaaS business. This can involve working on securing the corporate environment, the products, and all aspects of security as it relates to Alida.
At Alida we value our staff and encourage continued professional development. We will consider supporting continued professional learning, such as IAPP study and certifications or anything else you might think of that can add value to your role within the organization.
This is a hybrid role with 2 days a week in the office located downtown Vancouver
- Monitor security threats in the corporate environment and implement appropriate countermeasures to mitigate risks
- Assisting senior management with communication with staff on security advisories
- Work with application security engineer to triage security defects and vulnerabilities
- Work with the IT team to remediate weaknesses on the corporate environment
- Contributing toward the annual security road map
- Coordinating security efforts across the different business units
- Assist management with security strategies to ensure the protection of the organization's assets and data
- Assist Sales team with answering security questionnaires
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports for the executive team
- Maintaining a list answers to common security questions in Alida’s database
- Overseeing security queue of tickets and cards
- Engage with security team to evangelize security best practice
- Coordination with the privacy team on addressing security reviews
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Has (2 yrs +) demonstrable experience in security or IT
- Experience working with Microsoft Defender or similar
- Ability to quickly learn security procedures and controls
- Basic understanding of industry-standard security frameworks, such as OWASP, NIST, and ISO 27001
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus Points if you have experience in the following:
- Security certification such as Security+, CEH, SSCP
- Experience working with SNYK
- Experience with Dependabot
- Experience with defectdojo
- Experience working with Intune
- Experience working with Sentinel
- Familiar with CRM, ERP systems such as salesforce, JIRA, Atlassian
The Good Stuff:
+ Amazing growth and learning opportunities with a fast-growing Canadian SaaS company that is a world leader in its industry
+ Best-in-class company paid benefits for you and your family - offering medical, dental, vision, RRSP matching in Canada, a 401K in the US, and more.
+ Unlimited Vacation: Yep, it’s true. Take vacation when you want it, how you want it. Designed to better fit your evolving needs.
+ Summer Fridays: Fridays are a day off during July and August. To help provide better balance in the summer months focusing on employee wellness.
+ Recognized as a Great Place to Work® 2021-2022
+ Recognized in 2022 as one of the Best places to Work®
+ Recognized as a Top Employer by British Columbia's Top Employers 2022
We can’t wait to meet you!
We understand that applying for a new position takes effort and want to thank you in advance for taking the time to introduce yourself.
At Alida, we’re dedicated to fostering an environment where our employees feel heard, valued and included.
We believe that a diverse team is a core pillar in building better products and services for our global customers and we strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, religion, gender, age, disability status or sexual orientation. Even if you don't meet every single one of the stated requirements but you are excited about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you anyway. Our Talent Acquisition team will review your application for this role, and others we may have open now or in the future.
Follow us at www.alida.com and engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Alida has an accommodation process in place to provide reasonable accommodation to employees, and to qualified job applicants with a disability during the hiring process. If you require accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.
Alida takes your private information seriously. Review our Candidate Privacy Statement here to understand how we use and protect your personal information.