Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada · Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Alida believes in a world where customers are respected as the ultimate source of truth. Because knowing the whole truth about your customers—even the parts that are hard to hear—can help companies make better decisions that drive long-term customer loyalty and growth.
That’s why Alida created its Total Experience Management Platform; a comprehensive CX solution powered by a highly-engaged, verified, always-on community of your most engaged customers that fuels sustainable business impact.
With Alida, innovative companies like HBOMax, Adobe, Lululemon and LinkedIn can anticipate their customers' ever-evolving needs to make better decisions, build long-term relationships, and grow businesses that stand the test of time.
Over 176 million people globally have used Alida's Total Experience platform to inform over 60,000 customer experiences initiatives.
Join us on our mission to put truth into action at www.alida.com and @alidaTXM.
Interested in helping manage the infrastructure of a SaaS platform used by over 600 customers?
Want to work with the latest offerings from AWS?
This may be the job for you!
The Cloud team is responsible for the architecture, development and implementation of the infrastructure used by our applications. The team works directly with our Development teams to deploy deeply integrated products. As we build out our CXM SaaS platform, the team will be part of building out exciting, cutting edge solutions on AWS.
The Cloud Engineer role is a cross functional role helping our Cloud Infrastructure, Security and Development teams to architect, provision, troubleshoot and manage our SaaS application infrastructure.
Looking for candidates local to Vancouver or Toronto.
- Act as technical lead in designing, implementing and documentation for EKS platform
- Collaborate and drive continuous improvement with cross-functional teams on the development and evolution of technical and architectural roadmaps
- Designing, implementing and deploying core platform infrastructure and services across all environments
- Manage incidents as they occur and perform root cause analysis
- Write quality, clean and maintainable code in Terraform and Chef
- Providing day-to-day operational support of all infrastructure system
- Supporting 24/7 production systems, including being part of an on-call rotation
- Maintaining system patches/upgrades to ensure for high availability, reliability and improved performance
- Maintain documentation related to infrastructure design and implementation
- Manage the configuration and review of infrastructure logging, alerting and monitoring
- Identify opportunities for automating tasks
- Educate technical staff on containerization best practices
- Experience with Docker containers, specifically Kubernetes, AWS EKS and ECS
- Experience with cloud hosting, specifically Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, CloudFront, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code like Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience in multi-site, heterogeneous, large-scale enterprise or SaaS infrastructure
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP and network topology design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux Attention to details and high standard for quality
- Enthusiasm for modern technology, specifically Kubernetes
- Strong scripting skills (bash, ruby, powershell, etc)
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing documentation of systems, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing database or data warehouse infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management in a cross platform environment; using Chef, Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy applications to both Windows and Linux devices
- Advocated for and helped drive a modern technology stack
- Helped train and mentored technical staff
- AWS Professional level certifications
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent
The Good Stuff:
+ Amazing growth and learning opportunities with a fast-growing Canadian SaaS company that is a world leader in its industry
+ Best-in-class company paid benefits for you and your family - offering medical, dental, vision, RRSP matching in Canada, a 401K in the US, and more.
+ Unlimited Vacation: Yep, it’s true. Take vacation when you want it, how you want it. Designed to better fit your evolving needs.
+ Summer Fridays: Fridays are a day off during July and August. To help provide better balance in the summer months focusing on employee wellness.
+ Recognized as a Great Place to Work® 2021-2022
+ Recognized in 2022 as one of the Best places to Work®
+ Recognized as a Top Employer by British Columbia's Top Employers 2022
We can’t wait to meet you!
We understand that applying for a new position takes effort and want to thank you in advance for taking the time to introduce yourself.
At Alida, we’re dedicated to fostering an environment where our employees feel heard, valued and included.
We believe that a diverse team is a core pillar in building better products and services for our global customers and we strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, religion, gender, age, disability status or sexual orientation. Even if you don't meet every single one of the stated requirements but you are excited about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you anyway. Our Talent Acquisition team will review your application for this role, and others we may have open now or in the future.
Follow us at www.alida.com and engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Alida has an accommodation process in place to provide reasonable accommodation to employees, and to qualified job applicants with a disability during the hiring process. If you require accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.
Alida takes your private information seriously. Review our Candidate Privacy Statement here to understand how we use and protect your personal information.